What is Numerology?
Numerology studies the symbolism of numbers, to uncover insights and relationships between numbers and people, real world events, contexts and life in general.
How Does Numerology Work?
Everything is a form of energy which vibrates on a certain frequency.
Numerology is the tool that helps you uncover relevant life information via digging into the significance of numbers associated with you, others and various life events.
All numbers, no matter how complex, can be reduced to single digits numbers, except for 11 and 22, which are special numbers.
So there are eleven numbers we use to develop numerology charts: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11 and 22. For the larger numbers, we add the digits together until their sum is one of the core numbers.
There is just one exception to the rule of reducing numbers to single digits: the 11, 22 and 33 master numbers. Their significance is intensified versus 2 and respectively 4, which are the single digit numbers they replace.
Numerology Life Path Numbers
Most people associate numerology with the date of birth interpretation. As a first step, you can use this date (in the numeric format mm/dd/yyyy) to determine the Lifepath Number.
- Life Path Number 1 (10/1, 19/1): Natural born leader. Watch-out on being a follower.
- Life Path Number 2 (11/2, 20/2): Highly developed on the spiritual side. Watch out not to go to extremes.
- Life Path Number 3 (3, 12/3, 21/3): Great on creativity and communication. Watch-out on becoming superficial.
- Life Path Number 4 (4, 13/4, 22/4, 31/4): Very practical, with huge drive to make things happen. Watch-out on being caught in the routine.
- Life Path Number 5 (5, 14/5, 23/5, 32/5): Progressive, aiming to make the world a better place. Watch-out on losing the direction.
- Life Path Number 6 (6, 15/6, 24/6, 33/6): The ultimate nurturer. Watch-out on the rejection of responsibility.
- Life Path Number 7 (7, 16/7, 25/7, 34/7): Amazing thinker. Watch-out on high-low shifts.
- Life Path Number 8 (8, 17/8, 26/8, 35/8): Very ambitious and goal-oriented. Watch-out on damaging relationships due to workaholism and obsession with success.
- Life Path Number 9 (9, 18/9, 27/9, 36/9): A philosopher and humanitarian. Watch-out on fighting the daily realities of life effectively.
Life Path Compatibility
You can use numerology to assess the relationship compatibility based on looking at different sets of numbers.
Most people do this to estimate the long-term compatibility potential with a potential partner. You can use the insights also to improve existing relationships and generally to address relationships challenges of any kind.
Remember to keep in mind the big picture and use constructively the insights you uncover.
Life Path number is the most important element when it comes to assessing relationship compatibility.
Here’s a quick list of the numbers indicating a good compatibility and easy, natural fit:
- Ideal partners for number 1: 1, 5, 7
- Ideal partners for number 2*: 2, 4, 8
- Ideal partners for number 3: 3, 6, 9
- Ideal partners for number 4*: 2, 4, 8
- Ideal partners for number 5: 1, 5, 7
- Ideal partners for number 6: 3, 6, 9
- Ideal partners for number 7: 1, 5, 7
- Ideal partners for number 8: 2, 4, 8
- Ideal partners for number 9: 3, 6, 9
* The Master numbers 11 and 22 are reduced to 2 and respectively 4 in this context.
Numerology Keywords: Meaning of Numbers
- Positive: leadership, courage, will, determination
- Negative: impulsive, aggressive, boastful
- Positive: spiritually oriented, cooperative, considerate, sincere
- Negative: self-consciousness, shyness, depression
- Positive: optimism, imagination, artistic abilities
- Negative: moodiness, lack of clear direction, excess
- Positive: integrity, highly practical, makes things happen
- Negative: less creative, skewed to details vs. big picture, slow
- Positive: visionary, expansive, explorer, action taker
- Negative: impatient, lacks perseverance, restless, impulsive
- Positive: nurturer, artist, humanitarian, balanced
- Negative: stubbornness, obstinacy, self-righteousness
- Positive: analytical thinker, inventive, meditative
- Negative: inflexible, suspicious, isolated
- Positive: decisive, political skills, sharp judgment, fighter for a cause
- Negative: workaholic, stressed, impatient
- Positive: creative, a giver, good writer, warm personality
- Negative: moody, careless with money, excessive need for attention
- Positive: same as for number 2 (see above), with an even stronger focus on spirituality
- Negative: same as number 2 (see above).
Numerology Number 22
- Positive: same as for number 4 (see above), with an even stronger focus on achieving extraordinary results.
- Negative: same as number 4 (see above).
What is the Destiny Number?
The Destiny Number (also called the Expression Number), is the birth date number, resulting from all the letter of your full birth name.
This number indicates the meaning you have in this life, the lessons you need to learn and the opportunities you can take advantage of to fulfill your destiny.
How Do You Calculate the Destiny Number?
Take each name separately and reduce them to single digit numbers, adding up the values corresponding to the letters (see the conversion chart below):
Then add the numbers corresponding to each name and once again reduce to a single digit number.
Here are the key highlights of their destiny numbers meaning:
- Destiny Number 1 (1, 10/1, 19/1, 28/1, 37/1): destined to grow on the path of becoming a leader.
- Destiny Number 2 (11/2, 20/2, 29/2, 38/2): destined to develop through a meaningful spiritual journey.
- Destiny Number 3 (12/3, 21/3, 30/3, 39/3): being an inspirational figure for others via leveraging creativity and positive energy.
- Destiny Number 4 (4, 13/4, 22/4, 31/4, 40/4): destined to grow as a ‘master builder’ on the path to achieve stretch goals.
- Destiny Number 5 (5, 14/5, 23/5, 32/5, 41/5): destined to drive significant change via taking progressive action;
- Destiny Number 6 (6, 15/6, 24/6, 33/6, 42/6, 51/6): growth via making significant contributions to the community, out of love and a greater sense of responsibility.
- Destiny Number 7 (7, 16/7, 25/7, 34/7, 43/7, 52/7): destined to push the boundaries of wisdom further via cutting edge thinking abilities.
- Destiny Number 8 (8, 17/8, 26/8, 35/8, 44/8, 53/8): destined to reach the top of the ladder in the material world.
- Destiny Number 9 (9, 18/9, 27/9, 36/9, 45/9, 54/9): destined to help others be their best via being a highly inspiring ‘big brother or big sister.’
Soul Urge Number
What is the Soul Urge Number?
This number represents what your soul craves for. It uncovers your deepest desires, likes, dislikes and cravings.
When you live in alignment with your soul urges, you have a sense of inner peace and fulfilment.
How Do You Calculate the Soul Urge Number?
You need to convert to numbers the vowels (a, e, i, o, u) from your full birth name.
Here is the letter – numbers correspondence to be used: A = 1, U = 3, E & W = 5, O = 6, Y = 7, I = 9.
- ‘Y’ is considered a vowel when there’s no other vowel in the syllable and when it’s preceded by a vowel and sounds as one sound (e.g. Hayden)
- ‘W’ is also treated as a vowel when it’s preceded by a vowel and it forms a single sound (e.g. Matthew)
After you calculate the number, you can find the reading below:
- Soul Urge Number 1: you’re very competitive and feel fulfilled when you win in anything you do.
- Soul Urge Number 2: you need harmony, inner peace, and love in order to feel fulfilled.
- Soul Urge Number 3: social interaction and engaging into creative endeavors makes you happy.
- Soul Urge Number 4: being recognized for your deep knowledge and expertise makes you feel fulfilled.
- Soul Urge Number 5: for you, the ultimate fulfillment is captured in one word – freedom.
- Soul Urge Number 6: you have a strong need for your nurturing efforts to be acknowledged and appreciated.
- Soul Urge Number 7: having space and time to pursue your spiritual journey fulfills you.
- Soul Urge Number 8: status, financial freedom, and material success make you happy.
- Soul Urge Number 9: fighting for a cause and making a significant contribution to humanity fulfills you.
- Soul Urge Number 11
- Soul Urge Number 22
Inner Dreams Number or Personality Number
What is the Inner Dreams Number?
This number is associated with your secret dreams and desires. Some of these dreams may never be realized.
However, sometimes they are so strong in your subconscious, that they are projected in the outer world as a personality trait.
How Do You Calculate the Inner Dreams Number?
- 1 = J, S
- 2 = B, K, T
- 3 = C, L
- 4 = D, M, V
- 5 = N, W*
- 6 = F, X
- 7 = G, P, Y*
- 8 = H, Q, Z
- 9 = R
*Don’t count W and Y as consonants if they meet the conditions to be counted as vowels (see the explanation given at the soul urge number, above).
Add all the numbers that are corresponding to all consonants in your name and repeat the sum up operation until you reduce them to single digit numbers.
Here are the topline readings:
- Inner Dreams Number 1: you dream of reaching beyond the highest heights and be recognized for courage and leadership.
- Inner Dreams Number 2: you dream about being a driver of peace and about living in perfect harmony with those around you.
- Inner Dreams Number 3: you dream about being able to fully express your artistic creativity and being appreciated for it.
- Inner Dreams Number 4: you dream about achieving your plan perfectly and predictably.
- Inner Dreams Number 5: you dream about total freedom.
- Inner Dreams Number 6: you dream about nurturing a perfect family.
- Inner Dreams Number 7: you dream about being fully immersed in your pursuit of knowledge and learning.
- Inner Dreams Number 8: your dream about power and large material possesions.
- Inner Dreams Number 9: you dream about a significant contribution to making the world a better place.
- Inner Dreams Number 11: you are a true idealist dreaming about bringing light to the world.
- Inner Dreams Number 22: you dream about achieving something truly monumental.
Why Do I See Repeating Numbers?
If you see repeating numbers, it means that your guiding spirits are trying to get your attention.
Via decoding the symbols behind the repeating numbers you see, you can get insights into the messages sent to you.
There is no definitive guide on how to interpret these numbers. While there are indeed some general directions, it’s a good idea to let yourself be guided by your intuition.
Repeating Numbers Meanings
Here are a few topline directions to explore when trying to uncover the meaning of repeating numbers:
- Numerology Number 111: it’s the beginning of a new path, align with your higher purpose.
- Numerology Number 1111: a wake-up call to re-focus on your spiritual journey.
- Numerology Number 222: go ahead at full speed with what you’re currently pursuing.
- Numerology Number 333: a reminder that you are not alone, but surrounded by spiritual guides happy to protect and help you.
- Numerology Number 444: a reassurance that you’re on the right path and it’s a good idea to go further.
- Numerology Number 555: embrace the coming changes into your life and be ready to stir them in the right direction for you.
- Numerology Number 666: a signal that your focus on the material gains has taken you off your true growth life path.
- Numerology Number 777: a sign to let your fears and need for excessive control go and allow your intuition to guide you forward.
- Numerology Number 888: a sign of abundance and a confirmation that you’re on the right path.
- Numerology Number 999: this is about completion. You’re either finishing a big project, or it’s a sign that you should move on with your life, as the current lesson has been learned.
- Numerology Number 000: this is about opportunity and a fresh start. You’re ready to start something new in your life.
- The Meaning of Number 1010
- Personal Year 1
- Personal Year 2
- Personal Year 3
- Personal Year 4
- Personal Year 5
- Personal Year 6
- Personal Year 7
- Personal Year 8
- Personal Year 9